Partly because Pedro is in the Witness Protection Program, half his face needed to be concealed. Blocking him is Richard Rodriguez.
And in front of him is Silvio La Frossia. John O’Connell is on the left and Chris Mele on the right.
This photo has a peculiar history.
Chris Mele and John O’Connell (looking like they just walked off the cover of GQ magazine) were attending a speech and debate contest at the Bronx High School of Science around 1981.
They happened to photobomb this girl, who was getting her picture snapped for the high school’s yearbook.
We just happened to be in the frame and never looked so good doing it.
AMR crew member Richard Rodriguez is a graduate of Bronx Science and spotted the two of us in his yearbook, which we then inscribed over our photos.
Not entirely sure when this was shot, but I think it would have been about 1985.
The photo’s been a bit warped over time, just like the subjects in the photo.
No idea what Gary is doing on Pedro’s shoulders, what John is singing or what Chris is doing holding a mallet.
And the Santas in the background watch in distress…
In keeping with the spirit of Throwback Thursday, About Men Radio’s Richard Rodriguez reached into the archives and pulled out some vintage photos of the AMR crew circa 1987 in Saranac Lake, N.Y.
As you can see, we were mere lads back then.
But we were rocking the ’80s look hard.
Perhaps too hard. (What the hell is with that Hall & Oats look, Rich?!)
Here too are some of the comments the AMR crew made when Rich shared them with us.
* Did we plan on looking like gay hustlers or was that a happy accident?
* Gary looks like he stepped out of a 70’s porno. (Cue up syntho/guitar music track…Boom-cheekie-bow-wow..
* John, you look like such a hardened soul in this pic.
* I can only imagine what Gary is doing to the back of your head Pedro.
* Chris looks like he just walked of the set of Happy Days.
* That was my favorite pleather jacket….Heyyy
* John looks well hard in that photo. Badass.
* Pedro has an evil Gene Simmons look.